Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's too fucking cold and other ramblings.

It's so FUCKING COLD! I HATE COLD!! I HATE WINTER!!! This winter is so crazy, one day it's 50, the next it's 9. Too up and down, even for Kansas weather. I am starting to think this means we are going to have a crazy assed tornado season this spring.

Kid1 has still not come down to earth. I am so proud of her. She amazes me with how good she is. Since last yr she has really started to develop a hell of a work ethic on her music. She's going to need it now. It's funny how most people, esp at the school, don't realize how hard these kids work. I'll give you a glimpse of her life for the spring and all this is on top of school. Mon. nights she has her clarinet lesson. She'll mainly focus on her state solo music then. Tue and Thur she'll practice with her pianist for her state solo. She has started working on the music the HS band has for state competition. Her local honors band meets every Sun and she has their music to work on. (That is the one she will slack off on a little.) In early March she has a scholarship audition. Now she has her state honors band music to work on. She will really want to be good on that. The last week of Feb she will spend 2 1/2 days working with that band and then they will have their concert. First week of Apr she has reg solo comp and three weeks later she should be at state. Oh, and at the solo comp she is in a clarinet choir and a woodwind ensemble, both of which she is incharge of so she picks the music, who's in it and schedules practices. Oh, and she's in jazz band where she's learning tenor sax. Plus there is a Sat at the local college where tons of clarinetists will gather for a workshop. Don't forget to throw her first prom in there. I think that's it. I'm exhausted just typing it. The only two things I put anywhere near that much work into at her age was basketball and drinking. Mainly the drinking.

Do you know why Ken and Barbie have never had kids? Ken comes in a different box.

So who has big exciting plans for the weekend? Eagles fans can't count watching that joke of a NFC championship game. Somebody has got to be having a great time doing something. Preferrably somewhere WARM!!!

I had something I wanted to say at this point, but I don't remember what it was. Oh well. It will all work out.

3 comments:

Bird Shit said...

WOW Kid 1 is busy! I was exhausted just reading that. She sounds like a really good kid.
oh and GO EAGLES!!!

John said...

The Eagles should win in a rout. It shouldn't be close.

Bird Shit said...

well as you probably guessed I am not a very happy person today, the Eagles let me down. You think I would be used to this by now! LOL