Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi

Sorry I haven't posted in over a week. I've been busy and tired. Nothing really new going on.
I've been reading, too. One of the best things I have ever read was a little book I read the other night. "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It's a lot like the video of his "Last Lecture" but different enough to be worthwhile. Well, everything about it is worthwhile. God took a hell of a man when he called him home. I wish I could have known him. Everyone should read it. One of my fav parts was when he said that everyone basically has one of two personallity types. You are either an Eyore or a Tigger. God help me I have always been a Tigger and I think for the most part I still am. Lately though I do find myself being more of the Eyore type. I need to work on that. Only Tiggers can make a whole year their bitch!
I did do my good deed for the week though. Dulcinea was talking to me about a boy who is crazy about her. She is afraid she might be falling for him, too. She wanted my opinions on some things related to that. I took the road I should have taken and talked to her as the person she needs me to be in her life, not the person I wish I was but shouldn't be. So now I think she has a BF because I have hardly heard a word from her since. I hope she is happy and that he is good to her. He'd better be,I'm big enough to snap him like a twig if he isn't.
To all my Iggles fans, I'm sorry your team isn't in the Super Bowl. Not real sorry though. Sorry. I am shocked the Cardinals got there.
To my fav SCB in Germany; I love you and miss you. I am so very happy that you are having fun and doing the things you really want to do. Do me one fav though: Keep singing! Sing every damn day. On a stage or on a bus. In an opera house or in a train station. When you are on that bike going thru Europe, sing as loud as you can from a mountain top just for me.
Speaking of singing, Bill (Kid2) has a song she loves to sing loud and proud. I need to video tape it and put it on YouTube. It's the kind of song that makes every father proud of their 13 yr old daughter. It's the kind of song that when people hear her singing it, they want to rush out and make me father of the year because I have let my daughter hear the song, let alone memorize it and sing it. (she found it and learned it before I'd ever heard the song.) You need to look up other people singing it. From "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" she has mastered the song "My Unfortunate Erection". Nobody on youtube sings it as well as my 13 yr old daughter. Yup, it's true. It makes me a worse parent than letting her sing songs from "Avenue Q". I will say that Powerkitten and her do sing a wicked duet of "If You Were Gay" but I wish they'd quit singing it to me!

4 comments:

Malskeys said...

OMG.... I freaking love that song!!! I love your daughters!! Seriously! Next time I am feeling blue I will just think of Bill singing that song and it will put a smile on my face!! It's awesome!!

xxox

Miss Merry Sunshine said...

I need to google those songs...I am so an Eyeore...need to work on being a Tigger!! Also? Wish I had cheesecake right now or oatmeal chocolate cookies or sex...whatev...they are interchangelble at the moment, lol! Good for you on being a good friend when maybe you didn't wanna be...

John said...

MMS if I didn't want to be a good friend, I wouldn't be. I'm here for the support or a laugh anytime.

Mal, I blame u for Bill's song selection. But I love u for it!

Bird Shit said...

I saw Last Lecture when it was on Oprah. I loved it. I am glad Super Bowl is finally over...now I can concentrate on hockey! lol